Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Toot toot

Posted by Summer

What's that? Oh yeah, that's the sound of my own horn. I don't blow it very often but you know when things seem to be going your way for moment or two? Those types of events deserve some documentation.


Besides the fact that I seem to be losing my marbles, life's really good.-I was scrambling this morning before work and all I wanted was a big bowl of Golden Grahams...I seemed to have lost my milk. Tyler is out of town so it couldn't be him, I swear I had a bowl the night before so did someone come into my house and steal my new gallon of milk?! Aaahh! I didn't have time to think too hard about it but as I got home from work and was talking to Ty about the missing milk, I have this thought, walk to the pantry and "oops", there it is, sitting amongst the cereal. I had a real "blonde" moment there for a sec.

Anyways--there has been much craziness going on...

Our Temple date has been set!! Save the date because this happy couple is going to be sealed August 14th at 9am in the San Diego Temple and having an open house thingy at family friends (The nice, wonderful, generous Faulkner fam) of the Bruford's from 2-5 that afternoon. I'm super overwhelmed with the limited amount of time we have to plan so if anyone has suggestions for me that would be amazing.




Our 2nd honeymoon has been reserved at the Bay Club at Waikaloa Village Beach Resort on the Big Island for 8 days in September. (Ty's first time to Hawaii!) We soooo need a vacation.

Meet Dudley our Labradoodle puppy. In case you can't figure it out from the name, he's a Labrador/Poodle mix which means, absolutely no shedding, he's hypoallergenic, and supposedly really smart (we have yet to see on that one). If we grew out his fleece coat (which would be cruel with how hot he gets) he could have full on dreads-super awesome--maybe this winter we'll think about it. He's a sweetie, but we are still undecided if he is going to make his permanent residence with us. We agreed to be his Guardian Home for the breeder. She pays for all of his vet bills and we don't have to pay a dime to keep him, except the only catch is that she has breeding rights to him a couple times a year until he is 5 years old. He was extremely shy/timid when we first took him home but his progress has been amazing--Duds will have his own post a bit later to explain more, but isn't he so HANDSOME?!


{Before his haircut}

I'm a new me! I decided it was time, and chopped my hair and of course starting immediately, I'm growing it out. The big boss at work thinks I look older, which at least is some improvement, but I miss it already.


I feel horrible now because last month I was doing so much complaining and things seemed to have really turned around at our house. Hopefully this post isn't coming off as self indulgent....I think it's important to recognize all the blessings in our lives instead of focusing on the negative. A fellow blogger said that her blog is her happy place, and is something that continuously reminds her how blessed and happy she is with life. I totally agree.

So on to more happy things...

Mine and Jonny's house closes this month! I can't scream loud enough how happy I am to get that burden off our shoulders. It's been a loooooooooong road with that thing. It was beautiful and I am grateful for the time I did have to enjoy it--but good riddance....

Speaking of real estate I also got a home under contract this week and I have another closing in a few weeks. Yay! I love it.

Things at the real work are continuously looking up and especially today because I just got named "Employee of the Quarter" and earned myself an extra paid day off. Hallelujah!

And last but not least--I am blessed with the most wonderful husband whom deserves someone a heck of a lot better than I am. I complain a little too much, and clean the house too little, but I sure do love him with my whole heart and hopefully he thinks that's worth something...:) On Monday he brought home the other love of my life--my new ride, a Hyundai Sonata. Life is bliss and so is my previously boring ride to and from work everyday. Thank you honey....who would've thought a car would make me this giddy?
My parents have both been carless and everything seemed to fall into place this past week with the car situation. Ty drove down to California with his Kia on Tuesday to pass off to my mom. I'm really happy for her new found freedom and I can't wait for my hubby to be back home tomorrow!



LIFE IS GOOD. I sure hope everyone is enjoying theirs too!

2 comments:

Mo said...

Such a good post. Congrats on the temple date, that is exciting!

Amanda said...

Glad things are going your way... despite leaving your milk in the pantry! I am looking forward to going to SD for your sealing! Bummed that Ethan and Ben won't be there, but I'm very excited for you two. Do you know if the scaffolding will still be on the temple in August?

Anyway, congrats on the new car (it's gorgeous), the old house closing and success with your real estate stuff on the side. You definitely deserve that 2nd honeymoon to Hawaii, and can I just say that I'm totally jealous?!? Wish you could pack me in your suitcase, but I'll be 8 months pregnant and that wouldn't be a pretty picture.

Post a Comment