Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Sunday, August 01, 2010

28th

Posted by Summer

My birthday this year was pretty relaxing and besides all of the excitement being 1 year closer to 30, it was a really great weekend. Ty took me to Franck's on Saturday night, a french restaurant who's known for the best meat loaf around. Meat loaf you say? Yuck! That was the first thing that came to mind too, but everyone who I had talked to said it was divine. I chose to stick to something a little safer with the chicken, but ohhhhhhhh, I was SO wrong. I spent the whole evening coveting Ty's meatloaf and because he's such a sweetheart and loves to share with his wife, he let me eat half. :) It was that good. Slow braised veal, chicken, & pork over mashed potatoes in a lavender blueberry sauce. Yum.



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then on Memorial Day, my actual b-day, we took our 3rd paragliding lesson. It keeps getting better and better. It was a great flying day and I got higher than I've ever been, and I stayed up forever. The feeling is incredible, and we're definitely hooked. 7 more lessons and then ground school until we'll have our pilot's license. I can't wait for our next one-we're taking lesson #4 while we're in Hawaii in a month!

The video starts a little slow because the wind was so strong that morning that I could barely stay on the ground pre-takeoff without some assistance. You can see that once he lets me go I'm airborne almost immediately. What they're called are thermals, which gives the wing constant lift, and if you stay in the right spot, you could technically stay up for hours. Too bad I have to come down sometime so he can keep an eye on, and give his other students a chance. Time seems to go by too quickly up there!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I didn't know you guys were going to Hawaii! Jealous! Paragliding there is bound to be amazing.

Post a Comment