Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Friday, August 28, 2009

Hi-ho, hi-ho, its off to work I go....

Posted by Summer

Work, work, work....it's all I do nowadays, but I'm loving it!  I cherish any small amount of down time I have, especially my hour for lunch.   It's funny how when I have less time for myself, the more I manage to fit in.  I've had 3 shoots this week, one tomorrow morning, and I  had to cancel (a first for me)  another this weekend because things have been so hectic...


Way too hectic to be a timely blogger about some of the exciting things that have happened the last few weeks:

1.)  We are down one roommate!  No disrespect to Seth-cuz we love him...but 6 months newly married and feeling like a tenant in your own home can be....well...uncomfortable sometimes.  I don't have much to complain about, because Seth and Jason are pretty easy roomies, but it's time to have the house to ourselves, and we are so excited!  
2.)  We moved all of my scrapbook stuff clogging up the living room and now have my own office/craft room in Seth's old room...LOVE IT, and especially the extra closet space. :)
3.)  Jason (other roomie)  and Ashlee just got engaged!  Their wedding date is Nov. 6th...which means we will be roommate free in less than 3 months.  Her ring is gorgeous!  I've yet to see one like it...(Oh!  We've been ring shopping for me but it's pretty far down there on the priority list)  
4.)...our summer has been so much fun (except for our adventure last Sat.)  and we've been enjoying the outdoors as much as possible and every non-stormy day is spent cruising where we need to go on our scooter.  With the hot 100 degree weather we had last week we finally were able to tube the Provo River.  After an extremely productive "Summer Cleaning" Ty and I were super excited to get out and do what we've been meaning to do all summer.  

Basically we thought it'd be a great idea to double up on a tube and float the river all the way to his parents. We'd seen a ton of people float by on kayaks and stuff so no big deal right?? Uh...they must be professional outdoorsy people, because I am so thankful to be alive right now. 

 Starting out a bit downstream of Bridal Veil Falls, we barely were able to make it 1/4 of a mile.  Capsizing several times, losing my precious Rainbows sandals and thankfully finding them again, we got out thinking how foolish we were.  The river was low and we were hitting and getting stuck on rocks and our tube was so small that I had to practically straddle Tyler just to stay on.  We passed a few people fishing and picnicking---no smiles, just weird stares, which probably should have told us something.  The water didn't feel that cold after getting out, and we were cracking up at how silly we looked....we did go to all the trouble of planning it, so we gave it another shot, just to say we tried.

Not even  10 minutes later, we came up on some rapids.  The water wasn't even waist high for Tyler, but wow....it was STRONG.  What felt like a lifetime of holding on for dear life with one hand on the tube, losing my shoes, and trying to stay afloat and getting some kind of footing with bare feet while we were being pushed downstream, I actually thought that I was going to drown.  I have never been so scared in my life...we couldn't get the tube flipped back and we were really struggling to the point of exhaustion.  Ty finally caught a hold of my hand right when I didn't think I could hold on much longer with my other.  This story sounds so lame as I'm writing it...and Tyler acts like it wasn't that big of a deal...but he was freaked-and I was really freaked!  When he was able to pull us to safety, my feet had pools of blood that were bright purple...they hurt so badly and I didn't know what I had done to them, or if I would be able to walk the next day.  I had to close my eyes during the 20-30 minutes it took for him to get us across and couldn't stop shaking-I just laid there on the raft while he walked back to get our car.   Almost passing out at his parents, he scooped me up and threw me in a hot bath to warm up.  It was crazy...I'm so thankful that we were okay and all we have are scrapes, aches/pains, and bruises to show for it.  

A bunch of friends want to go tomorrow afternoon at the "correct" spot and invited us to go with.  I'm not so sure about how I feel about that idea yet, but what I am sure about is that I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband.  All that craziness made me realize how much he takes such good care of me and always goes the extra mile to make me feel safe, comforted, and loved.   I'm a lucky girl...

2 comments:

Sara LaClaire said...

crazy! i steer clear of things that are potentially dangerous or have a possibility of losing precious clothing possessions. lol. that's awesome about all the work you're getting. :D

Crazy Lifferths said...

You should try going to the "correct" place. It really is fun! And it is not a big deal at all, quite relaxing actually. Glad to hear that work is going well!

Post a Comment