Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Best Friend's Wedding

Posted by Summer

Casey and I have been friends since second grade when we were Panda's at Park Oaks Elementary, went to Los Cerritos Jr. High (also known as the "Prison," as we were confined to our classes with no windows), and then went to both Westlake High School and Moorpark College before I moved to Utah.  We even worked together for a time...thanks to 24 Hour Fitness and their Kids Club.  Surprisingly she stuck with it and still works with kids at Amgen.  Props to her!  I HAD to get out or I'd still be questioning whether or not I wanted my own children if I had chosen to stay in that profession.  :)


 I smile every time I think of what we did when we would "play" together as kids. Check out all the nerdy things we used to love to do! 


  • Going to both her and my brother's ice and roller hockey games
  • Jumping on the tramp at Lindsey Zane's house
  • Building forts and making up our own club...Casum & Loopty Loop
  • Being tomboys and playing football with the boys in her cul-de-sac (Cookies & Milk/cookies w/o milk plays)
  • Campfire Girls
  • Laying out and swimming in my midget sized pool and pretending we were "really" swimming
  • Lake Nacimiento w/the Ritchie family and kneeboarding for my first time (when that used to be cool)
  • Babysitting the twins across the street
  • Our numerous crushes and boy drama
  • Her brother Jonathon would drive us to school every day and we'd constantly listen to 311
  • Dipping our Oreos in tall glasses of milk
  • Watching her soccer games and thinking how tough she was
  • Walking to Longs and collecting every Bonne Bell flavored chapstick they made
  • HALLOWEEN and trick-or-treating! (She always had the best costumes, thanks to her mom Shelley--her Blue M&M & Turtle were my favs)
  • Sleepovers and trying to stay up all night...but never could
  • Wearing tall socks, our Nike shoes, and going on runs
  • The smell of her mom's gingerbread men for school and making rock crystal candy
  • Rollerblading (Oh yeah!!)
  • Walking to middle school with Jenny Lacey and Kelli belly
  • We were crazy about Little Caesar's Crazy Bread
  • Picnics at Zuma Beach w/us, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and my dad
  • Discoving swear words and feeling bad when we kept saying them back and forth...we were such NERDS!
  • Lots of Taco Bell and cinnamon twists
  • Counting the "F" word in our favorite movie at the time "Seven." (Completely unneccesary...I don't think we ever figured out quite how many there were.)
  • I still think of her when I hear the song "Runaway Train" and Chicago
It is hard to accept the fact that great friends can come into your life, then for multiple reasons end up drifting away.   I am extremely lucky that she and I have stayed friends all these years, and that I was able to be one of her bridesmaids in her wedding on July 31st.  She was a GORGEOUS bride in her red dress...it fit her perfectly and everything was just beautiful.  




{Case and her parents, Shelley & Pete}

{Shira!!}


{Getting into the dress}
{Me & Dani}

{Justin the Groom}
{Erika, the world's best Maid of Honor}

{Drinks all around (prior ceremony) minus the shorty}





{Casey's first nephew}
{Jonathon and the girls}



{My dollar dance w/the Bride}


{My husband the dancer!} 

{My bouquet}

Justin is a very lucky guy...I LOVE this girl and I am so happy to have her in my life! She will be my friend forever-no matter how much time passes or how far away we are, it's so nice to know that she's just a phone call away. (& she actually picks up the phone just as much as I do! :)


I'm looking forward to years and years of more crazy and fun memories!  I love you Casey Case!

0 comments:

Post a Comment