Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Sunday, September 06, 2009

Short Tanaka Fam visit

Posted by Summer

The weekend was so jam packed when we were down for Casey's wedding, that our visit with my parents was much too short. We still managed to enjoy my mom's famous chile relleno's and homemade buttermilk pancakes--but there wasn't enough time to just relax even for a few minutes...we had to be off to meet up with Tyler's family for another wedding in Temecula Sat morning.

What also cut our time with my fam down was hours at an Urgent Care. Our whole drive down from Utah my scooter burn was killing me-every heartbeat was a doozy-it was getting seriously infected and I had a slight fever, so we had to make a trip there in SD before driving up for Casey's rehearsal dinner. I hate going to the doctor-it always takes forever to be seen and usually I end up wishing I had never gone in the first place.
The next wedding was for Lindsey Christofferson, a close family friend of the Brufords, and one of Amanda's (Ty's sis) best friends. She was a beautiful bride, and I even shed a few tears at their ceremony, even though I had never met them before! Amanda was also a bridesmaid and her son Ethan was the cutest ring bearer...

so much fun-we all danced the night away and Ethan even got his groove on and was the life of the party...

{Nat-Ty's sis and Ethan}
{Ben and Amanda}

{Ponte Winery...gorgeous wedding location!}
Impeccable timing on her part-Rachelle chipped her front tooth before the wedding. No open smiles for Ty's mom. :)
{Showing off her toothy grin!}
I hate living so far from the beach! I feel like a tourist every time I visit--thus the quick snapshot of our 5 minute walk right before our drive back to Utah. Luckily we were able to stay in a great beach house right across the street, with some other family friends of the Brufords.

My brother and his family were out of town for work while we were back in TO visiting my parents so thankfully we made it possible to stop at Downtown Disney for lunch while they were at Disneyland. Anna and Evan are getting soooo huge! They are the most well behaved children I have ever seen...I really need to figure out how they do it. So polite and so sweet, and I'm always amazed at how smart my little niece is!



Evan is a monster! He is almost as big as his sister now!
Well....comparing these photos he looks bigger doesn't he! He sure feels heavier to me...:)

I miss these guys so much and hope we make another visit soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment