Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 1 Ft. Lauderdale/Miami September 11th /12th

Posted by Summer

A rundown of our first day on vacation:

1.) Forgot my phone at home and had to backtrack to get it after already being on the freeway.
2.) Made our flight with 3 minutes to spare
3.) I booked our flight thinking we would be able to sit together but of course seats C and D ended up being both aisle seats…luckily the nice lady in the middle switched with us so we could sit together.
4.) Bumpiest flight I could remember for a while-saying a short prayer was necessary and there were lots of crying babies when everyone was trying to sleep.
5.) Delta/Northwest couldn’t locate Tyler’s luggage…
6.) A 1 am flight, less than an hour of sleep, and lost luggage results in a very grumpy, grumpy, husband-NO GOOD!
7.) Since I booked our rental car—(we picked out a sweet white Kia), I had to drive. Tyler lucked out-he loves when I get to drive him around. I don’t mind at home, but I don’t like driving in places I’ve never been before. I had a minor panic attack on the freeway when some idiot tried to move over on me, and took way too many wrong turns. (Our GPS is officially my best friend at this point)
8.) Our hotel- the Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort overbooked ( I reserved our ocean view suite way back in May!) and sent us over to another hotel, the Le Meridian. I’m usually pretty laid back, but this day was getting ridiculous and I wanted our first real “honeymoon” to be what you’d expect a nice vacation to be. What else could go wrong?
9.) We showed up to our hotel , which was pretty nice and quiet, but our room was the size of a closet (think Bob & Gesse size closet) Usually no big deal, but after expecting a jacuzzi tub/living room and ocean front deck, I was super bummed.
10.) Tyler decided to sleep in the room while I went down to check out the beach for my nap. It was incredible-the view was to die for, the weather perfect, and all I needed was my husband to be with me. Until the crack of lightning woke me up. It was the loudest lightning I have ever heard. The beach patrol rounded everyone out of the water and the hotel crew started packing the beach chairs up. So much for getting any sun…The storm came out of nowhere!
11.) More napping upstairs on our 25th flr, a walk in the rain to our gloomy, silent dinner (still no news from Delta about Ty’s bag), and a $50+ trip to CVS (kinda like a Walgreens or Longs) for some ugly trunks for the hot tub we thought we could at least enjoy…then to come back to our hotel to find out that the pool and hot tub close at 7:30. Who shuts those down that early on a Sat night? Ugh!
12.) I had to cancel a shoot I had the next morning due to the baggage situation. We rescheduled for next Sunday after our cruise, but who knows if that is still going to happen.
13.) Traveling on September 11th. Need I say more about our really crappy first day of vacation?

2 comments:

Christina said...

Sounds like our first day in Cancun on our honeymoon in July .... I FEEL YA!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

well then it can only get BETTER from here.

Post a Comment