Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Help!

Posted by Summer

I haven't really been wanting to blog or take pictures lately because I am super frustrated with the quality of photos that I'm getting. I have always loved photography (probably the Japanese in me) but have never had a serious camera to help my cause. There aren't many "artsy" shots I can get with a compact digital 7.1 camera.

For those of you who have an starter or mid-range SLR...HELP me please! I've seen some Costco cameras like the Canon 50D or the Nikon D60-90 but don't know where to start. I don't mind learning if starting out on one of these is complex, but I do want quality and something that will take pictures I am proud of.  


I feel a bit sad when I am not taking pictures...especially on days that I need to be documenting.  The next post is pretty pathetic...I only have 1 Easter photo. So hopefully if I get a new camera (sigh..eventually), I will be more motivated.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

definitely research the canon 50d. one of my absolute favorite cameras. we have the 20d but i want to upgarde really bad. my friend has the 40d and it's AMAZING. i worked for a photographer in hawaii and she used the 40d as well. we all want to upgrade to the canon 5d mark2 though but that's just ridiculously expensive. good luck!!

Kenny said...

We have the digital rebel and love it. We would have gotten a nicer model if we could have afforded it, but we are very happy with what we can get out of the one we have.

Kjerstin said...

Summer! I just stumbled across your blog! Funny because literally like 2 wks ago Erin was talking about you and giving me some insight as to things. I am so happy for you, you seem to be doing great! You are so sweet and still drop-dead gorgeous, you deserve the best! xoxo

Mo said...

We use a Nikon D40. It's super easy to use and we get seriously great photos. My Dad was a photographer/in the photo industry until he retired and I've had a lot of both Nikons and Canons and I prefer Nikon. Good Luck! Once you start you can't stop!

BreAnne Kavanagh said...

Hey Summer! Yeah we were on the Adventure of the Seas ship and it was beautiful. When were you thinking of going? Are you doing the one that goes to Aruba, st. maarten, st. thomas? We had a lot of fun and I'm sure you guys would have a blast.

Amanda said...

We use the Nikon D40, and it's really easy to use. Though it would be nice to have a higher model, I feel like it still does a good job and we've really liked the quality of pictures it comes out with. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Unknown said...

look no further
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-T1i-Body-Only/dp/B001XURPQI/ref=amb_link_83962231_1?ie=UTF8&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=gp-right-1&pf_rd_r=1K42TJ6C6N324T5KGHRZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=472569251&pf_rd_i=502394

bladesfam said...

I have heard a lot about the Rebel, but I feel your pain! I love to take pics and have been thinking about upgrading, but I am still thinking I need to get some sort of video camera first! Let me know what you decide!

Summer said...

I have always loved my Nikons so am leaning towards those, but obviously have lots of research to do! Thanks everyone...

Post a Comment