Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Besties

Posted by Summer

I adore Tyler. He cracks me up even in the most unlikely situations and is hilarious even when he doesn't mean to be. I'm glad he lets me laugh at him and not with him sometimes. Like right now--he is trying to be sweet, popped in some toaster streudels for us, and just ended up scorching them into black bricks and triggering the fire alarm to go off. And last night my sweet husband went to the store to get his sick wife some Emergen-C and came back with nail files, tweezers, Oh's (my favorite cereal on the planet) and numerous other things meant just for me, but forgot the one thing I needed the most-my much needed fizzy Emergen-C! Having such a thoughtful and considerate husband 99.999999% of the time means that Tyler can get away with pretty much anything-and sure gets a whole lot of freebies to be a blonde once in awhile.
{written on Wednesday}

He's my best friend and I couldn't imagine life without him-he makes everyday feel like Valentine's day, so our Valentine's slash 1 year anniversary was just another perfect weekend. (Did I say perfect? Ok, I'm still trying to forget about my psychotic stomach freak out during our 5 course dinner. Lets say maybe I did or didn't embarrass myself by spending half the time in a freezing cold outhouse.)


We started the weekend off with free tickets to the U of U's girls gymnastic meet on Friday night, thanks to my friend Debbie from work. I thought I'd have to find a girlfriend last minute to go with me but Ty texted me back when I asked him and said "I'd love to go with you." Awwww. It was really sweet of him to take me. I had a lot of fun and the U took first!



{Sporting my new hair}

Saturday we drove up to Park City and did a little shopping at the outlets before my big surprise for Ty. We each treated ourself to a few things and we almost came home with another kitty! Spending time in Furburbia could have been a bad idea. Tyler immediate took a liking to a 1 year old Bengal named Ace who needed a home. He was huge, beautifully striped, and had a cute but funny looking wide nose. He was a sweetheart, but there was no way I could have devastated our darlings at home by bringing someone new into their territory. Being called a cat lady was probably another deciding factor...3 is a tad too much don't you think?

Pulling into the Canyons I had us change into the snow gear we brought for our 25 minute sleigh ride in the snow for a candlelit dinner up at the top of the mountain to a small cabin/tent-like structure called the Viking Yurt. Ty knew my plan as soon as he saw the sign-thanks Kandells for the great idea... Not sure we were able to enjoy it totally because it was so cold, but it's not everyday that we get this sort of transportation to a unique, fancy dinner. Two occasions rolled into one-- it was completely worth it and something I'll remember for a long time.

{Snow cat that pulled our sleigh}

The Viking Yurt



Viking Yurt Menu for 2009-10 Winter Season

Glogg - served upon arrival. This is a hot, non-alcoholic berry based drink spiced with cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon.

Soup - carrot & ginger with juniper berry essence, apple wood smoked bacon

Salad - red beet and fennel, roasted pumpkin seed vinaigrette

Intermettzo - a sorbet palate cleanser served in rocks from Norway

Entrée - kobe beef with wild mushrooms & ligonberry jus served with jarlsberg potato, asparagus

Cheese course - a selection of cheese and fruit served on an aspen slab Note: this course is not served on evenings the snowshoe tour "tour also" is offered due to time issues

Dessert - pear cardamom tart, blackberry





{Snot-the Viking God}



{The dreaded outhouse!}


1 comments:

Amanda said...

I didn't even realize you guys did this all for V-day. Where was I to hear about the festivities?!?! Maybe I didn't ask... my bad. Sounds very romantic, but can't hold a candle to my Valentines. Oh wait, I wasn't with Ben.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better. And by the way, I LOVE Oh's too!!! Seriously, I love that they didn't change the box for like 15 years!

Post a Comment