Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Grandpapa Liardet

Posted by Summer

Procrastination. It's one of those parts of me that I absolutely hate, but the more I try, the worse it becomes.

Proof: It's been a week. Tyler's grandpapa passed away last Tuesday and every day I've been thinking about him. Everyday I say to myself that I'm going to blog about what a wonderful, funny, and optimistic man he was....and every day I wish I would've had the chance to go back in time and know Andre Liardet in the prime of his life and to be part of the stories the Bruford's have shared with me. He was a wonderful grandpapa and I'm so honored to have known him, if even for the short time that I did, and am truly happy that he is now where he is supposed to be...in a place where there is no suffering and he is surrounded by loved ones.

His last night was really special. The boys gave grandpapa a blessing that and we all spent time in his room listening to neat stories about his life. I think he knew it was okay and time to go after we said our goodbyes.
A few of the things I loved about him:

*The way he made his great-grandkids laugh
*The best harmonica player I have ever heard!
*His huge appetite--makes you feel good when you're the one doing the cooking. :)
*His positive outlook on life--always a "beautiful day"
*His love of animals and their love for him
*How excited he'd get about the decorative bear Tyler had given him for Christmas for the upteenth time
*Our matched cookie addiction
*When he'd have us scratch his back
*His cute suspenders and hankerchief
*The way he walked with his hands folded behind him to and from his favorite chair
*& of course his beautiful French accent

{Zooley was Andre's constant companion. Two old guys who loved each other. It still brings tears to my eyes how sweet they were together}


0 comments:

Post a Comment