Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Saturday, July 03, 2010

M-Day part deuce

Posted by Summer

Since visiting my parents for the last time at home in May, it's incredible how far my mom has come. It's a scary thought knowing you have to become completely independent after being with someone for 35 years. I know the feeling, and for me it was only 10!

There are so many things that we as a younger generation take for granted. Technology comes easy to us and adding new knowledge to that base is a piece of cake. But for my mom, who really didn't have a reason to learn how to use a computer, and had my dad to do most things for her, is needing to learn all those simple things like how to work the radio in a new car, using her new Blackberry, pumping gas by herself, and going to the senior center to take email and computer classes. It's almost comical...her and Ty talk every few days so he can help her with all these new techie things.

What's really funny is that she's starting to get hit on by all these little old men. Men with canes and walkers! A guy that had to be in his eighties told her how "cute" she was and asked if he could have her email and take her to a movie sometime. Ummm...flattered but no thanks. :)

{My brother's Godmother Mary and my mom}

After helping with garage sale stuff we went down to OC to visit Ty and Jen and my cute niece and nephew!





After visiting for a bit, Olane, Rock & Cash met up with us for some curry and we went to see their new pad. I have to admit--I was ready to move right into their apartment building. It was SO nice and the pool area was resort style complete with private cabanas, fireplaces, and tvs.


{Ty on the Orange/Anaheim border...I think}
{My brother the artist...my Grandma Tanaka's painting on the top and Tyler's on the bottom}

For Mother's Day we took my parents to Ciscos for a mexican brunch, and my brother and Jen brought over Japanese for dinner.


After dinner we saw everyone and their boys at Mike and Adi's place (Also loving their place)! I can't believe how big everyone is...especially Drew.


{Dalon & Lulu}






0 comments:

Post a Comment