Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Thursday, July 01, 2010

Mother's Day trip....part 1

Posted by Summer

Yeah, I'm just now getting around to these post. Can you believe it's July already? I'm not even sure where the last month has gone. So crazy. Now that it's finally summer we've been boycotting our cars and scootering every weekend, and almost every evening we find any excuse to get some fresh air-whether it's to the Maverick for a Bahama Mama jalapeno style, (if you have not experienced this incredible heart attack in a bun--you are seriously missing out) to check out the prospective real estate, or driving all the way to Orem to the Brufords, we have been loving every minute. Ty just installed a windshield and jimmy rigged speakers and an iPod hook up that charges it while it plays. My husband is such a geek and I love it! He just made our ride so much better. I mean, who likes to eat bugs, have rocks flying at your face, or constant tears from the wind? I'm surprised I thought it was fun before now.

I think I'm a little scootered out though...my butt hurts and I've had a consistant neck/headache this past week. Ah well--probably the stress of trying to get our reception/open house planned too doesn't help. I'm the worst party planner. I wish I had all the money in the world to have someone do it for me-I'm definitely lacking in that department.
The home we were going to have it at is not going to be finished in time,
so we just solidified a place this week. Just in the nick of time to get our invites designed, ordered and sent out about a month prior to the big event-thank goodness.

So back to Mother's Day...I really can't remember the last time I spent it with my mom. I don't think I've been able to get back in the last 6 years so it was due time that I surprised her this time. Ty drove down earlier that week while I flew down after work. As always it was a packed weekend:

*Met Ty's friend Jen for dinner at Bossa Nova in L.A.
*Helped my mom & dad get ready for their garage sale/go through all my old stuff to take back to Utah

{Tyler's favorite beach spot}
{While stopped to take pics of house he liked, he happened to run into his friend Aaron...or Aaron ran into him. Funny how different we think--I thought this was a crazy coincidence, while Tyler thought it wasn't surprising because he's a runner and lives in the area. Oh..silly me I guess.


*Lisa & Mark came over and met the hubby for the first time





*Went to lunch with Case (w/baby boy in her belly) & Justin and saw their new house & pup Jett
{He's definitely not into you...}


and the rest will come tomorrow....so sleepy.

1 comments:

Rachelle B said...

That's quite a picture of that dog!

Post a Comment