Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Favorite things for November

Posted by Summer

My favorite things list for this month is getting quite long already, so I thought I'd get started a bit early...



Seaweed Salad

I know, it does sound gross, and may look gross and slimy to you, but Ty introduced it to me this year and I am hooked! It is so good and a little sweet, not slimy at all. We tried making it at home and it was a serious no-go...mission failed. Apparently we bought the wrong kind of seaweed. Yuck. Anyways, the best place in SLC/Utah counties to get this is Oh Sushi (Go Sushi online or in any directory), a little hole in the wall off 3200 S in SL. We just went this past Sat with my friend Diane and her new "friend." :) Just don't get the ice cream...we weren't impressed except for the plum flavor.



Yerba Mate

I've raved about this over the summer, but now that it's getting colder it is even more of a treat. With cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and some milk and Stevia (a natural sweetener) I'm in heaven in the mornings. It has 1/4 the caffeine that a cup of coffee (I'm super sensitive to caffeine and don't drink soda for that reason) and for those curious about the WoW (Word of Wisdom)...I have found that it is a common drink in South America among members and missionaries:

"Every member I knew in Argentina and the missionaries drank mate and it absolutely did not affect temple worthiness. In fact, the missionary president had a single rule - missionaries could drink yerba mate in tea form but not out of the traditional bombilla because the latter form was considered a time waster (as traditionally people sit around chatting and passing the bombilla from person to person). "

From Wikipedia: The yerba mate plant is a shrub or small tree growing up to 15 meters tall. The leaves are evergreen, 7–11 cm long and 3–5.5 cm wide, with a serrated margin. The flowers are small, greenish-white, with four petals. The fruit is a red drupe 4–6 mm diameter.[2]

The only thing that I hate about it is that it seems to be a natural diuretic...not so cool when I'm at work-so don't say I didn't warn you! :)

& make sure you use hot, not boiling water, otherwise the flavor becomes quite bitter.

5 Day Pads

Sounds like some weird new female hygiene product doesn't it? Not the type you may be thinking of, but these little tubs are the most amazing thing since sliced bread. I heard about them on the radio a few weeks ago and I got curious and did my research. They've been around for YEARS...like, back in my mom & grandma's day. I like to think I don't sweat...more like perspire right? Seriously though, the most I sweat is like a little bit of glistening on my face when I work out or on a hot day, so the main reason I thought I'd try these is that I hate...no, abhor white deoderant getting my clothes, and the clear stuff burns and drys me out.

These are insane! No wetness, no body odor, no icky white stuff, and I can go a couple days without it at all. They are comparable to clearasil pads or acne pads with the clear liquid. They even have a 5 day guarantee:

The 5 Day® Money Back Guarantee:5 DAY®*'s proven ingredient will help keep you dry and odor free all day. Use daily for 5 days, and if not totally satisfied, send your receipt for a full refund to Numark Laboratories, Edison NJ 08818

You can find them online at drugstore.com or Amazon.com

Rainbow Sandals



If you don't know about this company and you live in California...you must live in a cave. These are the hands down best sandals I have ever owned and cannot be without them! I lost mine down the Provo River this summer, and I thought I might shed some tears. Retail, they run about $60...I think I may have gotten ripped off when I got them last, but they have an outlet store in San Clemente and Ty and I stocked up on sandals for half that price. To me though, they were worth every penny. The company is very eco-friendly and make these to last.

Classic Thong Sandals Guarantee
* Our Warrantee is for the Lifetime of the sole. As long as you haven't worn into the next layer of the sole from either the top or bottom*


You can check out what they cover or don't cover here: http://www.rainbowsandals.com/guarantee.aspx









0 comments:

Post a Comment