Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hard to take

Posted by Summer

Last week I had a shoot scheduled with Bob Weiner of BEYOND Photography. We were working on a dance project that was going to be featured in a show next month showing "Images from the 4th Dimension."

I called, emailed, texted the day before and the day of...no word back.
I had a bit of a weird feeling and didn't want to show up at his home studio without confirming or hearing back from him first. I had been feeling sick that day but I hate flaking on people, expecially when they have a deadline.
I tried again before driving home from work...maybe something came up, maybe he had a family emergency? He is usually really prompt at responding and calling back, so I was a bit concerned.

The next day I left work early and on the way home I received a phone call from Bob's son letting me know that his father had fallen ill and passed away suddenly the day before. Man...I had such a sick feeling in my stomach driving home. I actually still feel uncomfortable about it...

Although I have never met this man face to face, I had spoken to him and emailed back and forth numberous times a few days prior to his passing. It is so crazy that someone can be gone in an instant, just like that. I'm sad I was never able to finish the project he was so passionate about, and was unable to meet such a sweet man and artist.

Some of his work is below, the second one an example of the project we were working on. Not me of course, but a general idea with yoga and dance as a starting point. I love this one...you can see the Salt Lake Temple in the backround. Such a cool concept.









0 comments:

Post a Comment