Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Our Search For Happiness

Posted by Summer

I finished this short, easy read in a couple of days last week before passing it on to my mom during our short visit with them over the weekend. This is an outstanding book for anyone, believers or not. For those of my friends and family that are interested in gaining knowledge to what we really believe, this book will answer many questions you may have, and will give you a greater sense of understanding with many issues that are highly misunderstood. One major thing I've dealt with lately is that people, aka...the majority of other Christian sects, don't believe that we fall into their group or definition of being Christian. "Mormons" or people belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints believe completely that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. I've found that this "gossip" among other Christian churches have gotten our beliefs turned so upside down that it's no wonder people think we're crazy or belong to a cult. I don't blame them! Many of the literature out there on our church is distributed by those not affiliated with our religion or is based on secondhand information. Tyler made a great point in that if we were honestly interested in Judaism, we wouldn't seek out the truth from someone who "used to be Jewish for a short time." Obviously their opinions and facts would be skewed depending on their reasons from departing from the faith. We would go directly to legitimate sources and hopefully you would too.

Anyways...long story short... Tyler and I would be happy to do our best to explain or answer any questions you may have or had. Seriously, not an inconvenience at all--email me- summert07@gmail.com or Ty- lebruf@gmail.com and we'll do our best.

I have more copies of the book too that I'd be happy to pass along...

Love you all!

2 comments:

Mo said...

way to go Summer! Great post.

Jamie Onken said...

I love this book!

Post a Comment