Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Wednesday, November 04, 2009

October's list of favorite things

Posted by Summer

It's midnight and I can't go back to sleep. Yes, going to bed at 7 was a terrible, terrible idea... I'm exhausted and still haven't packed for our drive to California tomorrow, yet here I am because my mind is running a bazillion miles thinking about random things like this post.


So I thought I'd start sharing each month a few items that I can't live without! We'll see how the coming months go. :)




Tiger Balm

Olane introduced me to this a few years ago. Amazing stuff. How I didn't know about this earlier is beyond me. For me, it's like a miracle in a jar. Tyler bought me the Ultra Strength (red tinted) one and it has been my best friend the last few days. It is a safe, natural way to help with headaches, aches & pains, and clearing up stuffy noses. Kind of like Icy Hot, but in my opinion- much, much better. Tiger Balm ointment was created nearly 100 years ago from ancient Chinese sources and subsequently expanded over the years into different formats to give you the relief you desire for different areas of pain. I woke up last night with the worst "growing pains." Still don't know exactly what to call them, but both legs were so achy and my Tiger balm was the only thing to stop me beating on them or crying myself into a stupor. I was able to fall back asleep within a few minutes of this setting in. Really good stuff.



Braun-Silk Epil


I've tried it all, waxing, laser hair removal, tweezing, electrolysis, Nair....nothing compares to this!


Now this is becoming my best friend. Not at first, but it's coming along. For those of you who don't know what an epilator is or has never used one, it is like your own personal waxer. I had come to face the fact that I will never feel good about spending a fortune on waxing or on the multitude of other options of hair removal. The perks of working for a dermatologist a few years back were pretty sweet discounts on laser hair removal and electrolysis. But after sessions later and money down the drain, I feel like my armpits are as thick and disgusting as they were on day one. You never know with the lasers either. The skin on my face is pretty sensitive and lasers can change the pigment of your face and leave a bit of scarring, feels like rubber bands are being snapped on you from 10 ft away, and the after effect feels like the worst sunburn you've ever had. No fun...


Soooo........I bought this and yes, yes it hurt like crazy at first, but after time the pain decreases as the follicles get damaged and the hair grows back much finer and softer. This is the first time I can ever remember that my legs are this soft and I don't have to shave or epilate but every 4-6 weeks depending on the hair growth cycle. No more razors, no 5 o'clock shadow on the legs, no more crying or considering leaving in the middle of a waxing, and no more wasted money!


Yep, I'm addicted.


Baltist-Dry Shampoo

I'm one of those people who hate washing their hair everyday, and thankfully there is a legit excuse for that. It's bad to wash it that much anyway. The longer you can go, the better. Dirty hair is stylable (that word looks completely wrong at this hour...is that a real word? Hmmmm) hair too. This is an absolute lifesaver. It smells like a tropical vacation and refreshes hair between washes. It soaks up any extra oils near the scalp and gives you a fresh slate for styling. I carry it with me to all my shoots--You can find it at any beauty product store but I actually found it for less on Amazon.com, and as a Prime member there are tons of different products that are available for free 2-day expedited shipping. So awesome. I don't have to drive and waste time or gas anymore in searching for things like this.

Anyways....best get back to bed. We'll back from our trip on Sunday and will be back to blogging like mad when we get home...XO!

0 comments:

Post a Comment