Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Saturday, December 12, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

Posted by Summer

I adore the holidays...the entire month of December and the last week of November too. The earlier the tree and decorations are up, the longer it really feels like Christmas. This year Ty brought home our tree the week before Thanksgiving and we've been trying to decorate it since. I'm shocked how many ornaments this thing has needed. Multiple trips to Tai Pan & Costco between both of us and we are finally almost there. A few more ribbons and I think we're done! We find ourselves plopped on the couch just enjoying the lights, listening to holiday music playing in the backround, and just being thankful for what 2009 has brought us. I feel so blessed to have a roof over our heads and a warm place to sleep at night. (our heater was broken this past week and with the weather we're having, we talked about how we couldn't imagine being homeless or being a pioneer living in these conditions.) I was constantly cold, complaining, and didn't want to do anything but stay in bed. I'm definitely not made for this state! Then again this feels like the coldest winter we've had since I moved here. It finally warmed up to I think 37 degrees today and it felt fabulous! Yeah, I must really be a utahn now to say such things.

Here's our tree we're so proud of...





6 comments:

Christina said...

Love the tree! Love your style!

Jamie Onken said...

It is so pretty! It looks like it should be in a department store. Are you going home at all for the holidays?

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

summer it looks lovely, i need you over at my house, I have been so sick hardly any decor has gone up.

Lindsey said...

wow, I am impressed. It looks so professionally done! Good job, and enjoy!

Sara LaClaire said...

beautiful tree! love it. you can come decorate ours next year too. LOL

Summer said...

Thanks guys!

Not going home for Christmas-sad face :(, but looking forward to seeing my parents up here hopefully.

Post a Comment