Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Monday, October 05, 2009

Fun Day at Sea Monday September 14th

Posted by Summer



One thing about being LDS is that these cruise ships are really losing money on us…I actually feel a little guilty that we are getting this much out of a vacation. I’m sure they make the majority of their money on alcohol and gambling-and since we don’t participate in either I feel like we are making out like bandits! The 3-4 course dinners are amazing, the service from our stateroom stewards is impressive, and the constant entertainment would cost us a fortune if we were anywhere else. We are loving every minute. Today we lounged by the pool, witnessed the hairy chest contest, went down the slide (a little scary!), had ourselves some Mongolian BBQ, read our books and I got fried by accident. Tyler is a lobster from yesterday after only an hour or so on the beach…yes, the sun is definitely more potent when we are closer to the equator babe. ;) (this was our "I told you so conversation"...and I have to mention it because it's usually the other way around)


Tonight was also our first “Elegant” night, and we enjoyed the show-pretty good for dancing/singing on a moving ship. A bit cheesy but-wow, the shows have come a long way since my last cruise. I had considered trying out to be a dancer on these ships awhile back and I was actually offended at the costumes the girls had to wear. Seriously—are thongs for multiple costumes really necessary? I don’t think I’ve ever been bothered this much by something before, but I think it is because I had to picture myself up there wearing one-no way! It was so weird, I’ve never seen costumes like that in all my 27 years….and this is supposed to be a family ship? Am I alone on this?






{Our delicious meal....Duck, pumpkin soup, chilled strawberry soup, stuffed chicken, and the nastiest diet cake I have ever tasted. Skimping on calories=yucky. Just. Don't. Trust me-even if it sounds good.}
{The huge Ivanhoe Theatre}

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hey! what is the girl's name in the purple dress, she seems familiar. Looks like a great Vacay!

Summer said...

Her name is Sangvane and the other girl is her sister Olane.

Post a Comment