Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Last reminder of Summer

Posted by Summer

This little guy (or rather large guy-he's almost the length of my hand) used to be one of my favorite insects growing up. I found him/her just a few days ago in our yard before Winter decided to show up early this year.

My mom loves her garden...and I used to love being outside with her and seeing all the creepy crawlies I could find.



The praying mantis always reminds me of the wonderful things that summer brings. Warm sunshine, picking and sucking out the honey from our honeysuckle vine, taking a dip in our miniature pool, homemade lemonade from our tree, tending to our compost and finding worms, birds in our bird bath, and the sound of frogs finding their way into the yard at night.


Ugh! Where did the Summer go? *Sigh*

I am looking forward to this next year though, Tyler and I can't believe how many things we still haven't experienced together yet.

Not in any particular order:

*Disneyland
*Bowling
*Getting sealed in the Temple
*Surfing in our home beaches (actually going in the ocean in Cali...sad huh?)
*Scuba diving
*Hiking Timp
*Halloween & Thanksgiving!
*Japan/Laos/Thailand
*Playing a real game of Golf (none of that miniature stuff)
*Buying a car together...someday-the new Nissan Maxima preferably...just test drove it and I think I'm in love!
& last but not least:
*Having lots of babies!

Hopefully this next year includes all of the above-Here's to the future honey-I'm looking forward to every waking moment with you!!!




2 comments:

Christina said...

Ok, I was getting the chills looking at you or whoever holding that "green thing" ... yuck!

Sara LaClaire said...

miles is currently obsessed with praying mantises. :D

Post a Comment