Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Monday, March 08, 2010

Day 4 Isla Roatan, Honduras Wed Sept 15

Posted by Summer

I was going through my photos and realized I never finished posting our amazing cruise to the Caribbean. I really needed this walk down memory lane especially because it was warm, sunny, and so needed right now this frigid season!

Ty thinks this was an unnecessary purchase but I'm so glad I bought these cheesy pics from each port.

This was everyone's favorite stop-the island was paradise. Truly. I was really disappointed that the one excursion I wanted to go on couldn't be purchased once we stepped off the ship. Of course the animal lover in me was looking forward to playing with monkeys. Sad face. But I couldn't complain, we has such an awesome time. The boys swindled a great deal and each couple rented a scooter and we rode around the whole island.

Sorry honey, but there's something I don't like about these shoes....can't put my finger on it.
If this view wasn't getting people excited to get off the ship, I don't know what would.




As we walked to the scooter shop, these boys walked with us the entire way trying to earn some money. They got what they were working so hard for at the end, we even paid them a few bucks to take a picture with us. Trips like these never fail to humble me and make me so appreciative of the luxuries we enjoy and the amazing country we live in. These people work so hard and rely so heavily on tourists-I wish we had more to give while there. I bought some beautiful handmade shell earrings and Ty found a sweet conch shell to bring home.





After riding for awhile, we explored off the beaten path and found this secluded beach. While we were out in the water taking the picture above, Ty found this huge shell and as he was bringing it in what do you know, an octopus slithers out and is hanging by its tentacles. So crazy! I love the way they change colors to blend in with their backround.

We must have been annoying tourists--we wanted so badly to get these coconuts down and the boys were throwing rocks trying to knock one down. A local was watching all the excitement and up he scrambled to get one for us.
After a few minutes of unsuccessfully throwing the coconut at the tree trying to crack it open, another local said he'd show us how it's done and we were drinking and eating fresh coconut. It was awesome.







While all these suckers at the beach paid for the private beach excursion, we just happened to scooter in the neighborhood and a nice guy showed us the way. While Olane got a foot massage, I got a cute braid that I managed to keep and enjoy for a few weeks.


An amazing end to an amazing day.





{Whatever you do, don't eat the diet dessert. Yucky....}

2 comments:

Sara LaClaire said...

lol diet dessert just defeats the whole purpose of dessert. :D love the pics. that place is gorgeous. i'm really wishing we would have gone with you guys but clearly the twins inhibited that.

Christina said...

WOW! I'm glad you posted those pictures! They're simply beautiful! Now I can add another thing I would like to do on our "to do" list! ;-)

Post a Comment