Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Saturday, March 06, 2010

Grandpapa

Posted by Summer

Andre's memorial service was the best I have ever been to. I think everyone who attended really got a taste of what a wonderful and talented man Andre was while he was here. Hearing these stories for the first time had me in awe...and in stitches. He was such a character. Tyler's parent's and all the Bruford grandchildren told such humorous stories about Andre but my favorite was Jordan's video he made of grandpapa's daily routine last year-when I get a copy I will be sure to post it. It's so GOOD, it had everyone in tears and showed such beauty in everyday things and I love how he captured grandpapa exactly as I remember him.




That night the whole fam flew down to San Diego for the funeral the next day. It's a nice change traveling with such a big group.


I had to post this of Rachelle & Jordan. I think they look so much alike here.
After a delicious late night dinner at Denny's (breakfast for me of course) we stayed at some friends of Trevor's who were out of town for the weekend and it worked out great that we were all able to stay together. Too bad we all were so sick--colds were being passed around and I already had a severe sore throat and started having some other weird throat problem that was making it difficult to swallow. I tried taking some medicine and it got lodged in my throat and it would come out until I threw it up. Then we went to this awesome taco shop the next day for lunch before the service and a piece of chip (pointy like a knife!) got stuck yet again until it finally was able to make it's excruciating way down the whole length of my esophogus for what seemed to be forever. Ugh...sorry TMI--as you can see I was off to a rough start. And what do you know? Tyler ran into an old volleyball buddy while there (or was it water polo?).
I've heard so much about the old Bruford home that I was really happy we were able to swing by.

Everything was so green with all the rain, I can't remember southern Cal ever being so lush and was a perfect backround for yet another wonderful service in celebrating grandpapa's life.




{Ethan flying with his uncle Tyler}

{Kissing cousins caught in action!}

{More look alike siblings}
{Lancer being such a stud}
Afterward we went to Chin's, a Bruford family favorite for dinner and spent the rest of the evening watching the Olympics. Saturday I was supposed to be the happiest girl to be going to the "happiest place on earth," but I was feeling the sickness setting in and didn't even feel like bringing my camera in with me...so not like me. I'm bummed now and will have to get some pics from the other 7D to post at a later time. After a long day, we left Disneyland a bit early to meet up with my mom and my brother's family for Pho. Kinda random setting for our families to meet for the first time, but so glad everyone was accommodating for the quick visit. Not sure when we'll be back!

We then spent the night in Solano Beach at the Faulkner's and Sunday we went to the Pancake house with the Christofferson's and I really fed my cold. It was the best breakfast I've had in a long time and I even cleaned Ty's plate when I was done. So tasty. It was such a nice weekend and even better to spend time with my in-laws. I'm so lucky that Ty's fam is so wonderful to be around!

0 comments:

Post a Comment