Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Saturday, March 13, 2010

My friend Linds

Posted by Summer

We've been through a lot together since I've been in Utah. Through divorces and new marriages, to moving on from our jobs at Bio-Medics, and stuggles with fertility- she's been there. Lindsay has taught me a ton about what it means to be completely selfless. I've never really contemplated adoption until she went through with it with Samari 3 years ago. It is nothing to be taken lightly, and can be at times frustrating and heartbreaking, constantly worrying and wondering if the baby you've prayed about will finally be yours. She's been so strong through it all--I'm not really sure how she does it. Linds and Corey barely took in 3 more children as foster parents, all in hopes that the biological parents' rights would be terminated and they would have first choice for adoption. It's a long an agonizing process because you get attached so quickly, and you don't want to get your hopes up. I was already attached to little Hollis when I watched him and Samari last Saturday at the Provo Temple so Lindsay could be present for her sister Jessica's sealing. He's only 3 months and such a darling, sweet baby.

I'm praying for you Linds that he will stay a part of your family for good!










0 comments:

Post a Comment