Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Saturday, April 03, 2010

Martha for a day

Posted by Summer

I'd give anything to trade places with all of you (yes, including you babe) who get to stay home and play Martha Stewart on a regular basis. Working everyday and doing real estate at night leaves me craving for time to feel like a real homemaker. I see all these cute things I'd love to try but never seem to get around to it.

I was surfing the web this week and found a cute dessert idea for our family Easter dinner tomorrow. Since I was actually feeling creative and energized after my chiro and massage appt this morning, I gave it a go while we listened to Conference and Ty started on our assigned cheesy potato dish.

I even managed to put together some treat bags too! So proud of myself today....


These are my meringue bird nest cookies. Hopefully they bear some resemblance?

4 egg whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 c sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla

Beat eggs, salt and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Slowly add the sugar and beat until glossy and stiff peaks form. Stir vanilla in. Drop a couple of spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Cover with shredded coconut and shape into "nests". Bake at 250 degrees for 60-75 minutes.




0 comments:

Post a Comment