Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Friday, June 26, 2009

Who's Bad?

Posted by lebruf


I didn't think Michael Jackson's passing would affect me this much, but it kind of has. The television coverage, the devotion of his fans... watching this video actually brought a tear to my eye seeing America's initial reaction to the first-ever Moonwalk (go to 3:45). This is the Michael Jackson I will always remember. Regardless of what he allegedly did later on in his life, you can't deny that this man was undeniably the King of Pop. Incredible performance.



This is still my all-time favorite MJ Video:




and for a fun little anecdote:

This Image

was the last frame of the Thriller music video that I ever watched until I got up the courage to watch it again when I was something like 16 or 17. I remember the instant that this image flashed on our TV screen, and that I (little pansy ass that I was) went running out of the room, unable to sleep soundly for the next several weeks.

Later that year (I'm pretty sure it was like my 6th birthday or something) my parents bought me my own copy of the album. I remember opening the present up at the birthday party we threw at Chuck-E-Cheese's and thinking that my parents were sick and twisted freaks intent on scarring me for life with a souvenir of the single scariest thing I had ever seen on screen up to that point in my life. My parents have a great sense of humor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment