Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Thursday, March 05, 2009

WeddingMoon Part 1

Posted by Summer



This was the place!

Apparently what happens in Vegas didn't end up staying there as planned.

I don't know what we were thinking (probably mostly all me) but we honestly contemplated keeping our marriage a secret until this summer.  I'm a girly girl...even though this is the second go around, I still wanted the romantic proposal, the ring ceremony, reception, honeymoon, etc...pretty much the whole shebang as this is Tyler's first marriage.  Funny enough, it's already been a few weeks  and I couldn't care less about the lack of a ring on my finger. (Ty you can take your sweet time, but I would like one before our anniversary please. :)  

It is almost as if a huge weight were lifted off our shoulders.  There isn't as much pressure for this huge, overdone wedding, and we already knew we wanted to be with each other forever so why not solidify that commitment before getting sealed next year?  

Obviously it was too difficult to keep it a secret and I was scared out of my wits what my parents would think had they found out we were married before our ceremony with our family and friends.  Not to mention we were both bursting at the seams to spill the happy news to our friends.  The first ones to know were Greg and Michelle McGrath on Tyler's side, and Casey Ritchie and her fiance Justin Acker on mine.    A huge sorry to Danika and John...we met them for Valentine's Day breakfast as a married couple and they had no idea because WE had no idea what we were doing about telling people yet.  

I know everyone thinks we're insane...but when you know, you know and after finding this kind of love there's nothing one can do but just follow their heart.  So that's what we did!  Off to Vegas we went...enjoy!

Driving down to Nevada.
Valentine's and anniversary day 2009

  Danika is my friend from High School and is also going to be a bridesmaid with me in Casey Ritchie's wedding in July.  I haven't seen her in YEARS so it was so great to finally meet up.  It still amazes me that even after 9 years of being out of high school, it's like nothing has changed.  There's nothing better than getting back in contact with old friends.
They are getting married next September.  Aren't they the most beautiful couple??

I've never been happier in a relationship nor had one as healthy. I knew from the moment we started talking that he would be my "next" husband...I know that sounds cliche-but it was totally true.   I knew because I fell in love with his mind and spirit well before I went gaga over his beautiful face.  We are alike in so many ways and I picture us fitting together like a puzzle. I don't think I could get any more corny, but he really does complete me.  I want to be a better person because of him, I want to learn all I can and get as much out of life as I've seen Tyler get out of his. I'm growing where I didn't think I could grow anymore. The best way to describe how I feel is that I feel ALIVE...almost like a little child stepping into the world for the first time. There are so many things that he has already shown me in the short time that we have been together and I am soaking up every moment. Not to mention that I've never felt this incredible love...a reciprocated love that I never thought I would find. He says he got the deal of the century, but I'd like to bet my pinkie finger that he most definitely did not. He is the most caring, affectionate, witty, brilliant man, and am so thankful that he is all mine. I don't want to be "that person" who brags about how wonderful their husband, their children, their LIFE is...but I will hope everyone will grant me this post because I am soooo happy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your marriage!! Love you lots and lots...Tyler welcome to the family.

Love,
Wayne & Sunday Tanaka

Post a Comment