Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Winning Points

Posted by lebruf

Truth be told, I'm only doing this because I know how happy it makes Summer to see me contribute my 10% to the "family" blog. I may secretly enjoy reading what I wrote afterward. but just to clear the air, I'm mostly doing it because it's 1) It doesn't take much time, 2) It pays huge dividends with a woman as easily pleased as Summer.


It's been a hectic week with Summer finally back from her mini-vacation in California. I had the house mostly to myself, but now that she's back we've started to combine our collections of things like food and furniture. It feels like I've got a respectable food storage started again (not to mention the $150 she spent on Trader Joe's stuff at my request).

Little by little I have to shed the trappings of my Bachelorhood in getting rid of ugly furniture, sub-par kitchen utensils and a haphazard organization system that works for me, only because I know it from experience, not by logical placement. Summer has been amazing about not complaining that she's got very little closet space at this point, and I'm going to have to make it a point to start moving some of my own stuff downstairs into the spare closet and the portable wardrobes. Thank goodness warmer weather is on the way at least.

I'm definitely looking forward to inheriting her furniture... she's got some great couches and a bedroom set that puts my horribly uncomfortable bed (whose only redeeming quality is it's size and the fact that it was once owned by Bill Cosby) to shame. Things are starting to look up in my nasty little bachelor pad, and I won't be surprised that within a few months, it'll be a place I'm proud to call home. I know that I'm going to have to do my part, but in the meantime I'll use the excuse of "earning money" as a way of avoiding housework for the most part.

For Summer, she's been busy trying to tie up all the loose ends and make the house less bachelor-esque... I can't tell you how hard it is parting with some old habits (like leaving the toilet seat up) but it's been totally worth it. I couldn't ask for a better wife.

0 comments:

Post a Comment