Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Tuesday, March 10, 2009

When the wife's away...

Posted by lebruf

So I guess I'll make my first contribution to the joint blog created by my lovely wife...


She left me.

It's only been two days, but it's been a tough two days even though we haven't been married but three weeks now. Summer has taken a solo-roadtrip back to Ventura County to attend the funeral of a good friend, and to spend some quality time with her family and other friends she hasn't seen in years. The timing couldn't be better since she's in-between jobs, I only wish that I could join her.

Me... I'm going home to a house full of cats who are wondering where all the love and attention went. I'm waking up in the middle of the night to meowing at my door, or felines hopping up on my bed only to find out that a big smelly guy is no substitute for their missing owner.

It's not all bad, I've had the time to clean and organize things that I normally wouldn't get around to because I would otherwise be spending time just enjoying my lover's company and frittering away the hours that seem to pass so quickly when we're together. I've also had more time to work on my Halo 3 ranking, which our guest tenant Jason is more than happy to accompany me on. I could be more productive and wake up earlier, work out more, and just take care of lots of other odds and ends with all my newfound free time, but I have a good excuse.

I'm bummed. I want my wife back.

I know that she's got a lot of catching up to do with people who've missed out on the last five years of her life. I hope she enjoys her week out there... who knows if she'll be back before the weekend starts... I'll just have to patiently wait for her little jaunt to run its course. Hopefully, when she comes back she'll bring a ton of stuff from Trader Joe's to somewhat make-up for the loneliness I've been through the past 48 hours...

For my (and the cats') sake, I hope it's only another 72 to go.

1 comments:

Melly Mel said...

I'm glad you guys combined blogs. You with the cats... that must have been fun! THree cats... and all that hair :) Sorry she was gone so long. That is hard; especially when you are first married. You're tough brufffff.

Post a Comment