Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another Anniversary

Posted by Summer

Saturday, May 16 (also Seth's big 30th) marked our 1 year anniversary of meeting each other at Seth's b-day party at Adrienne and Mike's house last year. Luckily for me Tyler's 24 hours of required education for mortgage licensing in North Carolina was cut short both Sat and Sun and were able to spend some quality time in this summer-like weather. We had such a great Sat...dinner at the Italian Place, shared a yummy cheese steak, had dessert at Smart Cookie, and saw Star Trek-we loved it!






Looking back over the past year we have had so many crazy connections that I am shocked that we didn't meet until we did. I thought I'd make a list...some of them short of unbelievable at the time we discovered them. Tyler basically knows EVERYONE. I'm never surprised when we go somewhere and he knows at least one person in the room, or when I introduce him to my friends/ex-family and they have some sort of connection or mutual friends. It freaked me out at first, but I think now I have just accepted that Tyler's explanation of being a bachelor for so long is a pretty good reason-and the fact that the Mormon community is soooo small. Even though I've been a member...wow...9 years this September, I don't think I'll ever get used to it. As the only member in my family I rarely have those connections of my own.

1.) Tyler's mom and Adrienne Barnett's mom were college roommates at BYU and thus family friends. (I probably met/saw his family when they were at their wedding!)
2.) Tyler's dad and Jonny's dad were on BYU's swim team together.
3.) My friend Eric Bork (worked at OGIO w/Jonny) and Tyler were roommates in 2004. I was Eric's real estate agent for the house that he purchased and Seth was his tenant for awhile. Seth was introduced to Tyler when he needed to move out of Eric's and is now our roommate.
4.) Tyler's best friend Greg McGrath worked at OGIO and whom I had hung out with and knew him and his wife Michelle through Jonny. Super weird!
5.) I am friends with Jordo Williams and his girlfriend Keli Elder (met thru Jonny & Eric) and went with him for his first time through the temple and found out he was also Tyler's good friend and roommate in 2004.
6.) My friend Ashley Ord's cousins were also Tyler's roommates.
7.) I went to Tyler's cousin's baby blessing and guess who was in the circle blessing the baby? Chris Mann, Ashlie's husband. (Ashlie is also my friend and Jonny's cousin)
8.) Tyler's has mutual friends in a random town in Northern Cal of my friend Heather Bird.
9.) My good friend Niki (also Jonny's cousin) knows Tyler's sister Natalie and they both live pretty close to each other on the East coast.
10.) I was catching up with my friend and old neighbor Emilie and Hugh Smith, the guy she just started seeing. Tyler picked me up and it turned out he used to work with Hugh and Hugh knows Trevor, Ty's brother.
11.) My good friend Olane (also met her and Rocky through Jonny and OGIO) and Tyler's friend and assistant, Jen Price worked together at PF Chang's.
12.) We found out the first time Tyler met Jamie & Nick, that Ty and Nick have a mutual friend named Aaron Christopher. (thx Jamie for reminding me!)
13.) Tyler's Dr. that I just saw is good friends with my old boss Jason.

{Clarification....Seth is also one of Jonny's best friends)

I'm sure there are heaps more that I'll need to add to the list later on...

It is pretty strange that all these connections are one way or another due to people I've met through Jonny or his family. Maybe a little too weird, but either way I am just thankful that he has come into my life by some means and at the time he did. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who treats me better than I could ever imagine or wish for. I am looking forward for all my friends and family to get to know what an incredible person he is!

4 comments:

Juice said...

Next time you see Chris Mann, ask him if he worked at Classic. If he did, then he knows me and Brittany (Brad's wife).

Amanda said...

Yep, I was at that wedding, so I probably saw you or maybe even met you. Crazy.

Jamie Onken said...

The first time we met Tyler we found out that he was good friends with Nicks good friend Aaron. That guy get around!

Lindsey said...

crazy! It was meant to be :)

Post a Comment