Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Saturday, May 09, 2009

Our living nightmare

Posted by Summer

This week has been...putting it lightly, absolute HELL! I've had a seriously good couple cries lately. It's probably a good thing because I've been backed up and due for one this last year.

Last Thursday I received a call from my old neighbors/home teacher (funnily enough the Call family is related to Rocky's family) that some people were looking at my and Jonny's home and saw drywall falling down from the ceiling and water coming out of the basement. I immediately gave him the garage code and had them check it out. They shut off the water valve in the basement and told me I needed to get there right away. It was bad, they said. Really bad. The whole house had flooded, the basement was in ruins, and after doing a walk through it looked as though someone had broken in and stolen appliances, and who knows what else.

Tyler and I were in the middle of dinner with his brother's family and I just buried my face in my hands, and can tell you right now that I started breaking out in wonderful hormonal zits at that very moment.

Things stolen:

Dishwasher
Microwave
Slate flooring
Vanity in basement
Wine fridge/mini fridge

Things ruined:

Refrigerator ditched in backyard broken, scratched, and dented
Air hockey table
ping pong table
whole house with water damage

{About to start our tour with the detective and officer}

{Stolen dishwasher, with lines cut}

{Videoing the damage, the worst they've seen in 10 years they told us.}

{Opened box from our stolen vanity}

Turns out that they tried to steal this other vanity (below) in our guest bathroom but were unsuccessful at ripping it from the wall, so instead they cut the water line and left it running (for at least 5 days), flooding the entire house. The clean up crew my insurance sent said the basement needs to be 100 percent demolished and over $150,000 in damage. At this point I'm not even sure what is going to happen. My insurance pulled the crew out as of yesterday to investigate whether or not they will cover the rest. They didn't get a chance to pull up our wood floors yet...so mold could be an issue. It sure is a big mess that I wish I wasn't dealing with alone. I've been on the phone hours everyday about this and trying to get stuff sorted out. Jonny was in Hawaii with his girlfriend so I was a wreck for the amount time I couldn't get a hold of him. I just want this house gone so I don't have to worry about it anymore!

{cut line}

{Basement ceiling}

{the 300+ gallon fish tank was completely full from the water}


{Detective getting fingerprints off the fridge}

Tyler made flyers about the incident that myself and the Call family passed out last Saturday to all our old neighbors to see if we could get any leads. There have been some suspicious cars and people around our house so hopefully we will catch the people that did this.

I also came down with the stomach flu yesterday and am still in bed today, but feeling much better. The blue bacon cheeseburger Ty brought home for me really hit the spot after 36 hours of no food. I hope next week is a bit better for both me and Jamie! I would be completely traumatized if I had to deal with a dead lady in the apartment complex I managed too. :)

1 comments:

Crazy Lifferths said...

WOW! I don't know that I can really say much more than that. What a jerk! I hope you catch that guy, then he can pay to fix it all!

Post a Comment