Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Sunday, May 17, 2009

Finishing up Vegas

Posted by Summer

After getting some sun, we got ready for our big eventful evening:
Sports Lounge, Sushi Samba, Britney Spears and La Reve!


Before dinner we watched some Lakers, had drinks, and played some old school Pac Man (I used to love that game as a kid)...so much my hands had cramps!


We had an incredible culinary experience at Sushi Samba, a Peruvian/Brazilian/Asian fusion restaurant. Our table had this:

omakase

experience the essence of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian cuisine

7 Course Traditional Omakase 100.00

7 Course SUSHISAMBA Signature Items 80.00

offered only to entire table, vegetarian options are available upon request

{Entrance/seating area}

...and I'm so glad we did. They kept bringing out dishes that we would NEVER otherwise try on our own. I am in love with the Peruvian corn. They are like these oversized, sweet versions of regular corn but a bit more texture and not as soft.
There was so much delicious food, that I severely over ate. I'll spare the details...I was so giddy (I never thought I'd be that excited to see Britney Spears) that nothing was going to ruin the night. Hailey and her girlfriends had already purchased the tickets but some of the girls had other plans come up and were unable to make it. She mentioned the idea about trying to catch some of it during our 2 hour window before our group had to make it back for La Reve at 9 pm. Um...passing it up? No way-it was unanimous among the 4 of us. We'd at least give it a try. I prayed the whole taxi ride that my stomach would make it there. It hurt so bad I was getting hot and cold sweats. I actually had to break away from the group before even getting there..ugh..it was so bad but I made it just in time for the rest of the Pussycat Dolls. It was so much fun! The only concerts I've been too have been have been mostly men dominated...Metallica, Chicago, Jack Johnson, Jimmy Eat World, Smashing Pumpkins, Reel Big Fish, Angels and Airwaves, Under the Influence of Giants, Boyz II Men (my very first ever concert in Junior High :)...I'm sure there's plenty more big "bands" but I can't seem to think of many right now. So this was exciting and new and I think I'm going to have to go to more often to these girly concerts. So awesome.




Even though Britney took too long setting up and we completely missed her, it was still worth the excitement of going and at least seeing the Pussycat Dolls and making it back in time for our other show.

La Reve was undescribable. Jawdropping and awe-inspiring would mostly cover it. I hate the people who ooh and awe out loud and talk during the whole show, but that was me. It was insane. I couldn't help myself. We were able to get some pictures before Tyler was reprimanded by an usher. Oops.
"LE RÊVE, presented exclusively at Wynn Las Vegas, offers breathtaking performances in an intimate aqua theater-in-the-round. The show features aerial acrobatics, provocative choreography and artistic athleticism.

The cast of 85 captures the imagination with their outrageous antics and daring feats of strength and agility. Live music and elaborate special effects immerse the audience into a world of fantasy, adventure and intrigue."




After round two of dessert, some hanging out, and Vegas night life just getting started; we were ready for bed.

The next day we skipped breakfast altogether and ate at Maggiano's before our flight. Thanks to family style again, I gained a whopping 6 pounds in two days. But it was worth it- I love food!


In a rush to catch our flight Tyler misplaced his iPhone. Anyone that knows him since this invention came out knows that it is attached to him. First thing he touches in the morning and last thing before bed-checking his Dig stories, latest breaking news or right now a bit of golf. Panic attack...and I don't blame us. I have no idea what I'd do without my iPhone. The flight attendants let me off (because I threw Tyler's back out and he couldn't move) and I checked every possible place it could be where we were waiting at the airport. No such luck. He NEEDS it for work desperately and was so bummed the ride home. We didn't even get to sit next to each other this flight either.
But...
He has to be the luckiest guy on the planet because we got a call that night from the airport. He had left it in those little containers they use for electronics while going through the security check. It was returned in 2 days. A nice piece of news to end our fun trip!

1 comments:

Summer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment