Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Thursday, May 21, 2009

Violin Lessons

Posted by Summer

I've owned this violin for, yikes, at least over 6 years. Jonny gave it to me for my birthday and I have wanted to pick it up forever but never have had the time or the resources. Seth's girlfriend Alli is an extremely talented musician. She was in music school on the East coast and was given a music scholarship at Utah Valley University. Her whole family is musical and she plays amazingly! Alli has been giving me direction on how to get started and pointers here and there. I just got new strings put on last week at Burt Murdock and have been teaching myself and practicing from this really great beginner book that only cost me $8 bucks. As soon as I feel somewhat competent I'm going to take lessons from her. So far I've learned how to read music and can play Jingle Bells and some other beginner songs. (Horribly by the way)

I have a new found respect for the string instrument and the musicians that play them. I used to play the flute and was in my elementary band. Funny I know...but this is nothing in comparison. They look easy and sound beautiful, but trust me, it is a lot harder than it looks!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I played flute in elementry too and now I own a violin that I want to play very badly. :) Good luck!

Post a Comment