Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This is getting ridiculous now...

Posted by Summer

Seriously, I just barely had the stomach flu a few days ago and guess what? I woke up today with these symptoms:

body aches, chills, fever, headache, and malaise. Flu like symptoms right?

Wrong. The only reason I knew this was something different, was because it has happened before when this little baby (below) was turned on all night.
A humidifier. An expensive one at that.

I'm also experiencing really bad shortness of breath and labored and painful breathing. I feel as though I want to rip my lungs out because I can't inhale normally, and try not to because it hurts so much.

Thanking my lucky stars for the internet, I diagnosed myself as having Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis or "Humidifier lung." You can click here for the full Wikipedia explanation.

It could be cause by several different things such as bacteria, fungus, or amoebae such as these ...

The bacterias
  • T. candidus
  • Bacillus subtilis
  • B. cereus, and Klebsiella oxytoca;
  • Thermophilic actinomycetes[2]

the fungus

and the amoebae

  • Naegleria gruberi,
  • Acanthamoeba polyhaga, and
  • Acanthamoeba castellani.

I have an acute case and it should subside within a few days just like the flu and the only thing to do is to quit using the humidifier. I am hoping that the other incidents are not responsible for the generally fatigue that I've been feeling because multiple acute cases can develop into a productive cough, dyspnea, fatigue, anorexia, weight loss, and pleurisy. Scary!

0 comments:

Post a Comment