Summer & Tyler

crazy in love...


Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Silver Lake

Posted by Summer

Sunday after church and a little nap for Tyler after getting home from work, the 3 of us (Roca of course) hiked what we thought was the Silver Lake Trail up American Fork Canyon. Instead of 4.4 miles like I thought, we hiked the 7 mile roundtrip "road" to get to Silver Lake. The road was closed off to vehicles and were unable to do the real trail. It was still beautiful, and actually really hot for starting at 4:30 in the afternoon.


This was our view after making it. We were quite worried for a bit that we somehow went the wrong way...and did a little detour by some summer homes, but we did get to see a couple of deer. I checked a website before going up there for tips and directions-most of the comments said they saw Moose so hopefully we'll get to see more wildlife the next time we try to hike the correct trail. We relaxed, had a nice picnic dinner and were proud that our out of shape butts made it.

Roca was a trooper. She gave us quite a scare...after playing catch 4 or 5 times in the lake she started whining and her front right leg went stiff as a board. It looked like it had cramped up and she was shaking. She walked it off like she knew that's what was going to help, and within 10 minutes she was fine. I'm just glad Ty relayed the heart attack story of their old dog until after this little incident. Poor Nat...who I think was present. How terrible...
{I don't know why but I think she resembles a platypus in this pic. }




{Ah! I'm trying to eat my PB&J!}


Tyler is going to kill me that I'm posting this...but it was his idea in the first place. As the best end to our weekend and a treat to our seriously aching feet, we gave each other pedicures. It was his first one and I don't think it was quite as relaxing as he thought it was going to be. We were in heaven, but only for the foot massage part. :)

2 comments:

Crazy Lifferths said...

You guys are super corny! Sorry about the second break in, that sucks! Miss you!

Summer said...

haha..I know. We're newlyweds, give us a break!

Post a Comment